I hope you’ve all had a good week and have an even better weekend!
I’m thinking of going to see Lone Survivor this weekend. I haven’t been to the movie theater in years and my Mom keeps raving about how great this movie is. Has anyone seen it?
Other than a pretty uneventful weekend around here.
Good Blog Posts From the Week
My favorite post this week was from Done by Forty – Girls Just Want to Raise Funds. This post go overs a study performed on fundraising efforts. Basically the research resulted in findings that women, particularly attractive women, were the most successful in their fundraising efforts. It’s a pretty entertaining post and the comments are just as fun.
Other good blog posts from the week:
- My friend Michelle talks about what Early Retirement Looks Like for Her. I think early retirement is viewed differently by just about everyone. It was interesting to read everyone’s opinions.
- I love Pauline’s story and over at Reach Financial Independence she discusses How She Graduated College with Savings.
- This post may not be directly tied with personal finance but I loved it nonetheless. Ross at Cash Rebel talks about the Cons of Unfiltered Optimism. As much as we want to stay positive in our life it doesn’t do us any good to sugar coat everything.
- L. Bee had a timely post on Dinks Finance this week: Tax Tips for Freelancers. I’ve been wading through receipts and bank statements to get my stuff together. I’ll definitely put a better system in place for taxes this year.
- If you have kids around the same age who have birthdays close together you may run into the same problem Holly has: Joint Birthday Parties: Frugal or Just Plain Tacky? Tough decision.
I hope you all have an awesome weekend!